Smart Home Technology Installation
Smart homes cleverly merge your family’s lifestyle with the latest technology and energy management tools to make your life easier. Control your thermostat, smoke and carbon monoxide (CO2) detectors and security cameras from any location with your smartphone, tablet or laptop with Nest home automation.
Nest Learning Thermostat
Programs Itself. Then Pays for Itself.
The 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat learns what temperature you like and builds a schedule around yours. Since 2011, the Nest Thermostat has saved over a billion kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide.
- Get Alerts on Your Phone. Nest sends a message to your phone, email or both when there are important events, emergencies, or technical issues.
- Auto-Schedule. No more confusing programming. It learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Remote control. Connect the Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi to change the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Early-on. Nest learns how your home warms up and keeps an eye on the weather to get you the temperature you want when you want it.
- Auto-Away. The Nest Thermostat automatically turns itself down when you’re away to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
- Energy History. See when heating and cooling were on and what affected your energy use.
- Safety Alerts Get an alert on your phone or tablet if your home gets dangerously hot or cold.
When purchasing your Nest thermostat through Randy’s Electric you have four color choices: Copper, Stainless Steel, Black or White.
Programmable Thermostat Rebates
Don’t forget to check with your energy and insurance providers for rebates and rewards on the Nest family of products.
Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector
Nest products were built to work together. A perfect companion to the Nest thermostat is the Nest Protect Smoke + CO Detector. This industrial-grade smoke sensor tests itself automatically, and lasts up to a decade. It’s the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. When something is wrong, it alerts your phone or tablet immediately.
You’re supposed to test smoke alarms monthly, but 9 out of 10 people don’t. So Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day.
- Get Alerts on Your Phone. Nest Protect sends you message when there’s a problem or the batteries run low.
- Tells You What and Where. Nest Protect speaks up if there’s smoke or CO and tells you where it is, so you know what to do.
- Sees the CO You Can’t. Carbon monoxide is an invisible, poisonous gas. Nest Protect tells you where it’s hiding.
- Sleep Safe and Sound. When you turn out the lights, Nightly Promise is a soft green glow on your Nest Protect that says everything’s working well.
Nest Indoor and Outdoor Security Cameras
You can see your home 24/7 in 1080p HD. The Nest Cam security cameras are designed to help you look after your home and family from anywhere.
- See What You Missed. If an important alert is missed, Nest Cam keeps three hours of footage, accessible through the Nest app. With a Nest Aware subscription, Nest Cam continuously records 24/7 and saves 30 days of footage in the cloud.
- Knows What’s Important. You can’t always be watching your video feed. Nest Cam sends alerts when it thinks something is up by sending a key image to your phone or email.
- Let’s You Talk and Listen. Nest Cam has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can see and hear what is happening at home, or tell the dog to get off the couch.
Smart Home Technology
“I have only had great experiences with Randy’s electric. They are honest and professional. They sit down with you before work is done and discuss options and price it out and there have never been any surprises after the fact. Chris has come to the house for two different jobs and he is very professional and does a great job. Good people and great service.”
“Randy's Electric is the best at communication! I scheduled some work and they were able to come out sooner than expected. Nick is the electrician who promptly arrived. He was very helpful advising us regarding the safe and more secure installation of our outdoor lighting. He not only did a great job, he was friendly and professional. Josh also came out later and he, too, was very helpful and professional. We really appreciate everything they did for us. We are so glad we called them!”
“We have asked Randy's Electric to do work before and we very happy with the results, so when we needed new bathroom fans installed and had some other electrical mysteries going on in the house, we called Randy's again. We were happy to see the same electrician arrive, Richard, as before. Richard again did a great job, answered all questions, took his time with us, and even installed a new GFI for us because the current one was tripping all the time. We feel we've found the electrician we will always call. Professional, called ahead, received text reminders of the appointment and most importantly, does great work and provides sound advice. When I needed to call the office before the appointment with a question, the nicest lady answered and my question resolved. All around a superior company.”